Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Summer in Pictures Part 2


Thus began my summer.
The loneliest one I ever lived through.



Almost immediately after Bethany and Emily left,
the Garden demanded attention.

 
 So did the weeds! :)


Daddy and I putting the string up for the beans. 

 Along with keeping up with the vegetable Garden
there were the berries.


Lots and lots of them.

Preserving them.


We even got our cherries (most of them anyway)
before the ants did.


Apricots...

 and Apricot leather.

It was delicious!
 

Just keeping up with the household duties was
enough to promptly smother my hopes of doing
school through the Summer.

 By the way, Mommy did a lot too,
but I defiantly had my share!!!

There aren't a lot of pictures with her
in them because she was behind the
camera quite offten!


We did a few things with friends but that only
helped my loneliness for that day.

When, your sisters are your best friends
and you've shared a bedroom with them
practically all your life...
then when their gone,

the house is  just way TOO empty!!!





Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it was a very lonely time while your sisters were away. I had a summer like that when my brother was gone to my grandmother's home for a month - I thought I couldn't stand it. Glad your family is all back together! God is good!

    ReplyDelete